Sunday, February 06, 2005

Why Are Rays Fans So Against The Signing of Neagle???

I'm reading various Rays/MLB message boards and all I see is bitching and moaning on the signing of Denny Neagle...for what reason, He could be a flop? He could tarnish our team name? He could trap himself inside Mons Venus and not leave unless his demands are met? I don't see a legitimate reason why we should complain about taking a chance on a decent veteran starting pitcher. Nomo may be a question mark because he made his career out of using a forkball pitch and has to rely on a fastball if hitters are prepared for the forkball. Out of the 2 Pitching signees, who would you rather see on the mound? I'm sure that I wouldn't be the only one who would choose Neagle. So he made a mistake in Colorado, so what? Everyone makes mistakes, his mistake was just magnified when it was brought into the limelight. Does offering money for some "Sexual Healing" ruin his pitching mechanics? Probably not, unless he's a sadist. I wouldn't be surprised if Neagle had a better year this year in Tampa than any year that he was in Colorado. First, he's out of Colorado which will affect his pitching splits dramatically in the positive direction. Second, our signing him at the league minimum will probably make him want to pitch "lights out" so that he'll (A)get a contract extension from us or (B) garner attention for another team to sign him to a multi-million dollar contract.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

1) I never bitch or moan. That's her job.

2) Why'd you have to go here?

"Does offering money for some "Sexual Healing" ruin his pitching mechanics? Probably not, unless he's a sadist."

I'm already going to have problems with bad mental images when Neagle takes the mound. You're not helping, Jake ...

3:43 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Hahahaha, what? I gotta slip in some humor...

As for Jessica, she seems nice and I've yet to see her B&M...why do you say it's her job? Ah yes, I forgot, I applied to Evan as being a possible 3rd writer for Rays Talk, but I have to figure out a good reason on why he should add another writer to the staff.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I wasn't talking about Jessica. I was talking about a certain significant other ...

10:09 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

ah, whoops...

7:33 PM  
Blogger Jim Wisinski said...

Jessica lives rather far from him, Jake. :-P

Of course, she is pretty close to me..... :-D

Umm, she doesn't read this blog, right?

8:14 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I hope not.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

Hey Jess, if you do read this, it was all them...not me...all them :D

10:48 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

My heart is pure ... umm ... even if my words sometimes arn't.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Brickhaus said...

Only if he was getting a hummer on the mound...

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home